My boyfriend will probably go to jail, but I don't want to. What can we do to avoid it and get a lighter sentence?

My boyfriend is at house arrest because he ran with his car a guy for revenge (the guy's dog had killed his little sister when she was 6, many years ago when he was just 12 and had to come to pick her up from the bus station, when he arrived it was too late and she was dead. No one called the police, the... show more My boyfriend is at house arrest because he ran with his car a guy for revenge (the guy's dog had killed his little sister when she was 6, many years ago when he was just 12 and had to come to pick her up from the bus station, when he arrived it was too late and she was dead. No one called the police, the ambulance, he remembers people closing their curtains. The owner didn't do anything . The police didnt do anything. They are foreign so no one helped them). He has been suffering from pstd since then and he says it never goes away, it never heals. The last days he did this. I was not mad at him for doing that, but because it will have bad consequences on him now. The day he did that he came to me, he asked me if I though if he was guilty, I said no, and said that I loved him. He said it wpwould have been better if he didn't survive. I still couldn t be mad at him. I hugged him and comforted him til the police tracked him down. Now he will probably go to jail because there's no way he's going to win. I was wondering if having the pstd or the whole revenge thing can milder his punishment somehow. What can we do? He just  turned 18 and he can't be sent to some house for young people who are law offerenders. I want to say that he was at my place at that time but he says it won't work and he doesn't want me to get in trouble. His mom is destroyed since she lost her daughter and his son is now going to jail. She is sick in bed and wants to take her own life. we need help.
Update: How many months/years will he have to serve? Is there a chance that he will win, or at least that get some kind of house arrest or social service (an easier punishment I mean). I don't want him to go to jail. I'm afraid something bad will happen to him there. I can lie if that can help him