Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 month ago

Do you believe keeping pets is against nature and cruel to lock them up and keep them on leashes?

Best Answer

I have had a menagerie of unusual pets in my days. Cages for those that free run just to dangerous without supervision. A skunk and possum had no cage, just their sleeping space and bed. The skunk shared the cats litter box, even food bowls, free to come and go as they chose though.

Of course I complied with leash laws, the dogs just fine on leads. Our big property, their home,their way.

Wild animals belong in the wild, no contest there.

**** off, dumbass PETA loser.

• patty

I believe god made certain animals eg dogs and cats to be pets for us.

• daniel g
      1 month agoReport

That is merely the fact these were domesticated before the great pyramids were built.

Use a shock collar.

• Ocimom

No. It's called being a RESPONSIBLE owner.

• Nathan

Having a pet doesn't mean you lock them up, and the majority of the time a animal is off the leash (if it is a species that requires one, most don't). If you're catering to its needs and can financially support it then it isn't cruel

ofcourse I believe taking their way of life and the ability to be independent is the biggest cruelty

My dog is part of my life. To my dog we are her life. If we didn't take care of her she would have died years ago as she is under 10 pounds and unable to take care of herself. She is happy, better taken care of then some children, so how is that cruel?

• David

No. Cats, dogs, and all domesticated animals, in fact, wouldn't exist if it weren't for humans. Is it cruel to keep wild animals as pets - yes. But not domesticated animals. Domesticated animals have been breed for generations to be companions to humans.

• chris

No!

But I do believe breeding pets just for profit is!