Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsOther - Electronics · 1 month ago

Should I use one 2000 lumens flashlight or two 1000 lumens flashlights ?

I need a good quality bright flashlight for work.  My thinking is better off to use two flashlights versus one because I feel that a 2000 lumen flashlight will go through the batteries a lot quicker than a 1000 lumen flashlight.  Am I wrong in my thinking or should I just stick to the 2000 lumens flashlight.

Using 2 flashlights may eliminate a few shadows

A single flashlight is good enough for most projects.

Just a single rechargeable 1000 L will fill the bill.

They go 12+ hours continuous on a charge. More than enough light.

A backup is like insurance or condom, better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Best suggestion,,stay away from the cheap Chinese craap. Have a drawer full of that worthless junk.

• John P

If one flashlight of a pair fails for any reason you will still have the other one. That is possibly more important that the battery life, if you are depending on flashlights for work which you are being paid for.

Do you actually need a 2000 lumen flashlight, or just looking for bragging rights? My work involves flashlights as a necessary and often-used accessory. My main light is all of 300 lumens, and that is plenty. I have a 1500 lumen flashlight as well, but it doesn't get used as much due to size and weight and generally not being as easy to use. I also have a 3-color model with 200 lumen white light, but I use it mainly for blue and green. My partner uses that one for his main light with no complaints.

If you need a flamethrower of a light, then by all means get one, but if you are not trying to light up something 100 yards away on a regular basis, 1000 is more than plenty.

Avoid anything on Ebay or Amazon that claims very high lumen output for very little money. Good flashlights are not cheap. Those pieces of crap that claim 1000 lumens for $15 are junk, actually putting out a LOT less than they claim. Surefire, Sunlite, Olight and Fenix would be my top brands, maybe Ultrafire. You get what you pay for. If the light is important, then get something that will last.

• P

If you are using it for work you should go with at least 2000 and buy something that is rechargeable.  

It could go either way but its good to take your time on those difficult decisions we have to make every now and then.