my sons boss wont pay him?

My son worked on a farm for 2 years, he never had a contract of employment.

He always got paid cash and often had to chase his boss for his money.

My son left his job at the end of september and the farm manager said he will not pay my son the £1800 he is owed for the hours he did in september.

What can we do?

8 Answers

  • 3 weeks ago

    you can try and sue, but this would be difficult since there is no record of of hours worked

  • 1 month ago

    you sue him in small claims court.

  • 1 month ago

    Oh too bad!!!!!!

  • Tell the farmer that if he doesn't pay up, you'll tell HMRC that he did not keep proper tax records or provide your son with payslips. He'll get a visit from a friendly HMRC enforcement officer and it will cost him a hell of a lot more than £1,800.

    Attachment image
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Not a lot. Did he receive pay slips and was he paying tax and NI. . If he was not then he was defrauding the system. If he was paying tax then he can claim through the Small Claims Court.


  • 1 month ago

    Sue him????????????????

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Nothing since he was being paid illegally.

  • 1 month ago

    Talk to 3-finger Tony and send him to get your money. For a 25% comission he'll deliver

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.