How easy is it to fake parental consent for a tattoo?

If I were to get a tatoo, i am 17, and I were to give parental consent in written form (which is a legal way to do it where I am from) would it be easy enough to fake it?

• LM440

Sure you may be able to beat the system but it will only come back to haunt you with problems. You are so close at 17, that despite waiting to 18 may seem like a long time, please do it safely, legally and properly. A great tattoo lasts a lifetime. Now that is certainly worth waiting a year for.

Doubtful. A written form is usually to be filled out by the parent at the tattoo studio. Not beforehand as anyone can fill this out.

• Laura

It is impossible.

All consent forms for a tattoo are written consent but they must be filled out in person by your parent and they must prove they are your parent using your birth certificate and their ID.

• patty

can't u wait a year before you desicrate your body

• Hypnos

No. In order to have parental consent you will be expected to have a parent present at the time you want it done. Anyone can fake a signature or letter that's not enough to warrant getting something permanently inked on your skin. What's the rush anyway? Most of the ideas you have about tattoos now are likely to change within the year and by that time you'll be legal anyway. Be patient. When I was 17 I had many ideas about what tattoos I wanted and I'm so glad I didn't have the opportunity to get them then because those ideas changed drastically by the time I hit 18 and I got my first one done at 19.

• kelvin

most places require one of them to be their when you get it done

• Jade

It's probably not a good idea to get a tattoo aged 17 because I guarantee you'll regret it, I'm 24 now and I know if I got the tattoos I wanted at 17 I would 100% hate myself for it lmao

The shop is going to know you are a big fake by your childish demeanor and dopey look.

U can fake it but then they can use it to rape u and u have given consent

How would a tattoo artist know the original signature of your parents?

As soon as you figure it out you can go and get your ink