Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 month ago

As a woman or man , how can you accept the fact that you are aging , grey hair, wrinkles, saggy skin and body, and so on?

How do you overcome this psychologically , and optimistically move on ?

Thank you.

Best Answer

Because by the time this stuff starts really showing up around 50 most people have already lost friends and family to disease, accidents and other causes. By the time one is fifty one has enough life experiences to understand what is and isn't important and their priorities shift. Enough people are gone from my llife at an age younger than I am now. I've had a couple close calls myself. Many never get the chance to be old wrinkled and grey. It is an honor and a privilege to live a long life and get old. Some of this is a sign of life experiences and honestly, I wouldn't trade any experience for looking like I'm 25. Every wrinkle, grey hair and body ache tells a story of a life full of experiences.

My cousin Debbi died at 5 of pneumonia. Cousin Kate on her 12 the birthday in a car accident. Harry went at 45. Brad died last year at 56. Aunt Joan died three years ago. A tractor trailer crossed the road and destroyed the car behind us.and More I am lucky to have wrinkles and grey hair

• David

I have nothing to lose.  I'm just hoping I'll stay intact until Jesus returns!

What you have to realise is that this doesn't happen overnight. It's a very gradual process. We do our best with what's available, and accept that "it sure beats the alternative".

• Dr. D

I'm 70 years old and I'm having the time of my life! I am wealthy and retired. I can travel and do things I could only dream of when I was younger. I don't have to go to work. I don't have anything to do with school. My kids are grown up and my grandchildren love me. I spoil my grandchildren. I can do anything I want and everybody treats me with respect - even when I do stupid things. I get senior discounts when I go shopping or go to restaurants. I an entitled to get medicare, social security, get more social time with my friends, and enjoy learning something new everyday.

Lesson one. Never worry about things you can do nothing about.

The alternative is rotting in a pine box, underground.

• mokrie

What choice is there?

• audrey

You don't accept it. You just have to put up with it because you can't do anything about it. 😡

You realise it's normal. Young or old... None of us make it outta here alive anyway. Were bound by time. Die old and live. Or die young and dont.

As a woman or man I understand that there are only two choices, either get older or get dead. I prefer to get older, no matter what that involves.