Where do I start with investing in real estate?

I am 20 years old, living in maryland, and I am looking to start investing in real estate (flipping homes, renting properties, looking outside of Annapolis and Baltimore). Where do I begin? I have 2 friends that are looking to go in on this with me and we have been discussing how to get this going. I am currently... show more I am 20 years old, living in maryland, and I am looking to start investing in real estate (flipping homes, renting properties, looking outside of Annapolis and Baltimore). Where do I begin? I have 2 friends that are looking to go in on this with me and we have been discussing how to get this going. I am currently in the service and I have heard good things about VA loans so I am hoping this helps us get started with our smaller budget and combined income. What should we know? What would our initial and first year costs be, for example, on a $100,000, move-in ready home? We would be managing it ourselves so we aren’t factoring in paying a property manager. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.
28 answers 28