Will out of school suspension ruin my college admissions? (8th grade)?

I go to a private school, to be exact Lakeside school. It's pretty prestigious and the expectations for the students are really high, as you can expect. (Bill Gates went to it) Recently, during my Chinese class I was studying for the test with one of my closest friends, and we were messing around and trying to get a better score on a Quizlet game. I lost to him by 0.1 seconds, and he starts laughing at me, and teasing me. I didn't really care, but for payback AS A JOKE i search up porn on his computer. I didn't click the link, or watch a video, but I did it. When he came back he wasn't very mad too, he just laughed. Someone else saw what happened, and told everybody in the school including the director of my school. And now, pretty much everyone thinks I'm retarded, and I got suspended. I'm super mad at myself and will never mess around like that again. My parents were super mad at me too, and I promise I have learned my lesson. I'm really disappointed in myself and worried that it will effect my social life and affect my college admissions. Can someone please tell me what will most likely happen, and ways that I can redeem myself to the teachers and people in my school?

Is your suspension record on your transcript? If not, you lucked out and the only way anyone would know about it is if you tell them. Remember, applying to college is like applying for any job. You're trying to sell yourself so emphasize the positive aspects of your academic career, not the negative.

We all make mistakes. Many people believe (in some cases wrongfully and in others rightfully) that the best predictor of future behavior is previous behavior. If you focus too much on the adversity of your past, you're only painting a negative picture of yourself, turning people off and giving them a reason to snub you off almost immediately. You're going to have a hard life but realize YOU'RE the one making it more difficult for yourself.

Don't dwell on the past. Leave it behind you, don't let it happen again and keep moving forward.

• drip

Universities do not look at anything before high school. They won’t see what happened in 8th grade.

own up to what you did. Apologize. And move on. Think before you act next time. Not much more you can do

I doubt everyone at your school thinks you have an intellectual disability because of this incident, Jack. That doesn't make any sense. It was a stupid prank, that's all, and the kids that are teasing you now because of it most likely have a lot of problems THEMSELVES. You've apologized to everyone- your folks, your classmate, the school officials, etc., so now is the time to DROP THE SUBJECT and MOVE ON. The less you dwell on what happened, the sooner it will cease to be a topic of conversation, and the quicker people will forget about it.

As for it affecting your college chances, I doubt it will. Most college admissions officials don't pay much attention to what happens in middle school, which is where you are right now. If this were your freshman year of high school, it would be different, but as it is, you've got some time to put this behind you. Consider this to be a lesson well learned, and move on from it. The longer you keep bringing it up, the more it will cause problems for you. We all do stupid things when we're young and in school. But what matters is how much we LEARN from them, and whether or not the mistakes get repeated in the future.

8th grade ?? - no... but you need to work on your English composition and spelling.

• Jack1 month agoReport

I sped wrote that but yeah lol

You're in 8th grade, stop worrying. Just do really well over the next few years and you'll be fine.