Do you consider individuals who need to pluck their morals out of a book full of genocide, murder, incest, rape, etc. sane?

Best Answer

Not in the slightest. I find them frightening.

The Bible has some very interesting advice that really works. A statement that was written over 2000 years ago still has merit for us today, i.e. a mild answer turns away rage. The advice about social behavior- benefits any who apply it no matter who where or what ever age they are. This statement is taken from the book of Proverbs. This Bible book contains thirty-one chapters. If anyone were to read a chapter a day and apply the advice from the Proverbs good things WILL happen! JW.ORG -a web-site that has practical answers to this troubled world we live in.

No religion in the world teaches barbarism. It's a man who perceives things negativity.

Ah, an anti-theist. Most religious people are sane. They don't condone murder, rape, etc and they believe there are consequences for our actions, that those who do evil i.e. genocide, murder, rape, etc will be punished. That doesn't sound too crazy to me.

• Jake

A person can battle lust and the culture of death using the rosary and fasting.

No I don’t not consider Communist Manifesto reading socialists as sane

• "No I don’t not consider Communist Manifesto reading socialists as sane" You don't know what communism or socialism is.

All are sinners but the sickest, most deluded, and most repulsive are those who think they are not so bad as others.

How's that going for you?

• Ernest S
      1 month agoReport

As you say Jea, you are incredibly and monstrously self righteous.

No. Humanity does those things so If you get your morals from anything even remotely involving a human, you're getting them from a being with a history of those behaviors.

Source(s): Christian
  • Arch

I don't consider it sane to believe in morality while not believing in something higher than humanity. If there is nothing higher than humanity, there's no reason to believe that morality is anything other than human convention. And if it's just human convention … well, that's not really morality in a "good vs evil" sense, is it?

I mean, human convention once said that owning slaves was fine, as was sacrificing virgins to the gods. If morality is just human convention, how can you condemn that?

If morality doesn't come from something higher than us, then it means nothing.

• polly

When it comes to the bible & or Quran people definitely need to be skilled in their ability to cherry pick out the wheat from the chaff