The segregationists, KKK, and confederates were older, white, southern, anti-gay, fundamentalist Christians...who does that sound like today?

and don't forget support for the confederate flag, hatred for atheists, hatred of anything close to communism, hatred of liberals, etc.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Archer
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Best Answer

Nazism was also a Theism.

• Enigma
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

the rats in the democratic party

• 1 month ago

Such people were not Christians.

• 1 month ago

Then and now, the basis of all this discord is anger and hatred, and the fear of having no one to look down on as less than oneself. It's not about the Christian God, or the life of the Christ. Most of their justification comes from the Old Testament, that Jesus said he fulfilled.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It doesn't sound like anyone I've ever met or heard of (outside of politically motivated films). It might exist in some outer fringes of society, but for the most part, it's a fantasy used to denigrate political and social conservatives.

• Tristen
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

@FIZZER: Nice use of fallacy. Let me know when you have something of rational substance to contribute.

• 1 month ago

I love it when stupid cuntards claim that slave owners were Democrats. They're either ignorant or stupid or uneducated or immature little twits. Obviously they're fundie hypocrites who follow none of the teachings of Jesus, just like that phony Christian hom0 down there.

• Jim V
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

@Fizz. You should take. Milkayla‘a advice

• Jim V
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The South, at the time, was controlled by Democrats.

The KKK was an arm of the Democrat party.

And as President Clinton noted in discussing Robert Bird after his death, being in the kKK was a means of advancing Ones political career.

• Jim V
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Maybe before you move so fast to the personal attacks you should be more rounded in your understanding.

• Arch
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Who does that sound like? Like no one who ever actually existed nor could ever exist.

To be Christian means to be supernaturally transformed by The Power of The Holy Spirit. It mean having God's love moving through you. Just saying you believe in Jesus, or going to church, or getting baptized, or even being ordained, does not make one a Christian. One cannot be Christian and still be racist. The KKK may claim to be Christian. But that claim is no more valid than if I claimed to be the King of Nicaragua.

In addition, being "anti-gay" and Christian is also mutually exclusive. One cannot be "anti-anyone" and still be a Christian. We may believe homosexual acts are immoral, but that doesn't mean we are against the PEOPLE who engage in these actions.

We don't hate atheists, or liberals. Many of us DO see communism as being quite harmful to freedom and liberty, but that doesn't me we hate Communists.

Seriously …. the people you describe have not, do not, and cannot exist. Sorry, but you may as well be describing characters from Lord of The Rings.

Lots of people who claim to be Christian have hearts filled with hate. But if one's heart is filled with hate, it's proof beyond any doubt that one is NOT a Christian. It violates the DEFINITION of being Christian.

Don't give me that "No True Scottsman fallacy" nonsense. People overuse that. Let's say I hand you an animal that is purring, and has cute pointy ears, and fluffy fur, and four paws with retractable claws, and which can see in very low light, and which breathes air. Then let's say that I say, "Doesn't this look like a tasty fish?" Now, are you going to say, "Wow! Those fish sure are furry! And they sure do like to purr?" Or are you going to say, "DUDE!! That is NOT a FISH!!?"

You're going to tell me that's not a fish, aren't you?

By the same measure, someone who hates other people, or who is a racist can no more be a Christian than a furry, airbreathing, purring animal with four sets of retractable claws can be a fish.

• 1 month ago

Indeed. Hence why Republicans feel duty-bound to point out that Democrats were in that role one hundred and fifty years ago.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.