Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 month ago

Is my dad a bad person for this?

So my family raises rabbits and chickens. My dad whent to a town 3 hours away to take my sister to college. When he got back he came and gave me a candy bar. And said now I gotta go and kill this rabbit. Apparently something got ahold of its cage during the night time, and mauld the rabbit. And my dad saw it this morning but just left to take my sister, and left it here to suffer all day.

I can’t really can’t say much about your dad from one situation, however regarding the situation, it was not kind. Unfortunately many people don’t see rabbits or animals in general the way others do. My animals are like my children and I would feel so sick knowing they suffered for hours like that. He should have taken care of the rabbit and made sure he passed away as quickly as your dad could do it. If he had a chance of life, your dad should have taken the rabbit to the vet. However usually if an animal is mauled, it’s at the end of life. I’m so terribly sorry for this and that you had to deal with this in this way. Please speak kindly to your dad when you address this and tell him honestly how this makes you feel. He may have been on a time crunch and just didn’t think about it.

I can't say he is a bad person but he should have done something with the rabbit when he saw it. Whatever that is, I am sure it's all going to be sad and hard to imagine.

• Ocimom

No. He may not have had the time to really check the rabbit out before he left. Sorry for your loss.

Yes

its not a wild animal, it should have been taken to a vet and put down

• Nathan

Yes, this is cruel. It should of immediately been HUMANELY euthanized so it did not suffer

Yes, your dad showed indifference to a suffering animal. If the rabbit was mauled by something, it seems unlikely he would want to feed it to his family, therefore the poor bunny should have been killed immediately after your dad found it and disposed of. Your dad's lack of empathy is disturbing.

What do you expect him to do with a mauled rabbit? Do surgery on it to save it?

It reminds of this tv show I saw where they spent weeks rehabbing a frog and then released it. Fish eat those frogs in big numbers daily, that thing probably was eaten 5 minutes after they released it, after they spent weeks rehabbing it.

• Nicholas4 weeks agoReport

How about shoot it in the head, and put it out of its misery? Hur durr

That's kinda sad and hard but your dad should of taken care of the poor bunnie before he left and not allow the bunnie to suffer as long as it did sorry you lost a bunny.

yeah that’s messed up.