Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCruise Travel · 1 month ago

Is it hard getting a job on a cruise ship?

Do they accept anyone or is it a challenge?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Extremely easy if you’re from Malaysia

• 3 weeks ago

Depends on the job.  The staff jobs, such as cabin attendant, bartender, food service, etc, entail working conditions that very few Americans (I'm assuming you are from the US) would put up with.  The pay isn't very good, time off is in hours, not days, and you can't get off at any port.  As such, it isn't a good way to "see the world". In 17 cruises, I've never met anyone from the US working one of those jobs.

Skilled jobs, like child care, massage therapy, that sort of thing, require a minimum of two years' experience, and in some cases, a college degree. The working conditions aren't nearly as bad as staff jobs. 

• Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You need at least 2 years of experience in high end industry: 3 star and up hotels and restaurants, or be a professional entertainer. The kids program staff all have degrees in childhood development

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Lot more difficult than you think.

2-6 month contracts working 12+ hours a day 6-7 days a week for most positions (cooks, room stewards, waitstaff, etc).  There's a reason why you don't see many, if any Westerners in those positions

• John F
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

You forgot about the incredibly low wages.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Den B7
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Super easy. They'll take any moron.

• 1 month ago

i would just try to get one and see and then you'll know

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.