Is Shopify dropshipping a profitable business model?

I've been seeing a bunch of youtube videos about making money dropshipping products on Shopify but I'm a bit skeptical. Everyone always seems to talk about how much they make in sales rather than their actual profit/how much money they get to keep. Also, nearly everyone on youtube who teaches about... show more I've been seeing a bunch of youtube videos about making money dropshipping products on Shopify but I'm a bit skeptical. Everyone always seems to talk about how much they make in sales rather than their actual profit/how much money they get to keep. Also, nearly everyone on youtube who teaches about dropshipping seems to have a somewhat pricey course that will supposedly walk you through all of the steps you need to take to succeed. So I'm wondering, is there actually any money in this dropshipping thing or is it all just an attempt by these youtubers to get you to buy their courses? From what I've heard, there are so many different expenses when dropshipping (like product costs, advertising costs, and paying virtual assistants to name a few) that I would think almost all your money would get eaten up and there'd be pennies left over... But then again I feel like I could be wrong, and I wouldn't want to miss out on a great opportunity because of my own skepticism. Please help!
1 answer 1