Best vegan meals for someone who’s picky?

Hey! I’ve been wanting to be vegan for a while now. I tried vegan meals for about 3 weeks but I always felt unsatisfied and shitty. I’m very picky person. 

I like broccoli and asparagus along with beans and rice if that helps?  What’s savory and good that you’d eat or meat any day? 

List recipes along with videos if you can :-) thanks 

Whatever YOU like. Obviously. *rolls eyes*

celery and barley soup with chpcolate cake and ice cream and a beer

Maybe you can eat Oreos, they are vegan

• Janet

If you are a vegetarian, the two issues you need to resolve are:

(1) Protein. You need 0.36g for each pound you weigh ... every day. Vegetables have protein, but not much ... except for beans with rice. About 5 cups a day of beans with rice will supply the protein you need. if you don't get enough protein, your body will start consuming your muscle to get the protein you need and you end up becoming too weak to DO anything.

(2) You cannot get Vitamin B12 from plant sources so you need to take supplements. Also, a vegan diet does not supply enough Calcium, iron and zinc, so you will need to take supplements for those too.

A vegan cannot afford to be a fussy eater if they want to remain healthy and stay alive, long-term. Try to avoid "meat substitutes" and pre-made "vegan meals", since these are factory processed foods and NOT healthy for you.

Broccoli and asparagus doesn't go well, in my opinion, with beans and rice. Eating beans and broccoli in the same meal is almost guaranteed to cause lift off with all the gas your body will create.

Rice and beans can be the whole meal and delicious too if you make it right.

Lots of peppers, onions, celery, garlic saute`d and then add the rice, a can of your favorite beans, drained, diced tomatoes, water, seasoning how you like it. I prefer cumin, crushed red peppers, salt and pepper. simmer till the rice is done and the water/broth all absorbed.

Serve with your favorite crusty bread.

It sounds to me like you don't really know what goes together. Make your meals like you would if you had meat, but skip the meat.

Pasta and pasta sauce, but add a can of beans for protein.

Salads are a great meal but need something more filling than just veggies. Add nuts, seeds and maybe beans too.

think about using a meat substitute now and then, like TVP or something else along those lines.

A veggie burger is delicious, made with beans and other ingredients. Look on line for recipes.

If you like mushrooms, a portabello mushroom, grilled, with all the burger trimmings is VERY good.

• Dimo

If you are going to go vegan, learn about micronutrients -- AND the fact that the vegan diet is missing some and you need to have man-made crap added. Eating just natural vegetables and fruits will kill you.

The Vegetarian diet, including eggs and dairy, can be natural and healthy.

I don't know why you even want to go vegan, I have yet to find a reason that is not bogus. I respect animals, animals respect me, but we both agree that Life Is Not Fair. Food animals get a lazy life, cared for, have a painless death. Which is a Hell better life than most people.

I am also very picky about my food. I do not *like* food, I *love* it. If I don't love it, I don't swallow.

I am 72, have genetic heart disease, never expected to live past age 60, have NEVER followed any special diet.

• Blearg

Be careful. Veganism can easily lead some people toward disordered eating patterns. If it makes you feel shitty, it may not be the diet for you. Someone close to me was vegan for close to five years and still would be if the diet hadn't made her sicker and sicker. It is better for her to be able to function and eat meat than it was to stick to principles and have increasing pain and fatigue. Another person I know who went vegan had a similar if less extreme experience.

Caveat over! Actual advice:

French fries at many places are vegan

Chickpea tofu is easy, versatile, and delicious

Color Me Vegan is a nice cookbook

Postpunk kitchen is a good online resource

Roast things. With oil. It's a miracle technique.

Links below to recipes and more:

Source(s): https://www.deliciouseveryday.com/burmese-chickpea... Buy chickpea flour at indian markets to make this recipe really cheap.add your own spices into it to make it extra delicious. Postpunk kitchen https://www.theppk.com/ Learn to roast. Squash are your friends. befriend that butternut https://minimalistbaker.com/how-to-roast-vegetable...

Guacamole and chips is nice.  Or bean and barley soup.

• Brian

Water .