Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 1 month ago

How to soundproof a concrete wall cheaply?

My neighbors bang all the wall all day and was wondering if there was any way to soundproof /block the wall.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

their is a new thing out called blanket insulation. but I think that goes on in the building process...guess you have to move....................bye

• hart
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

headphones will do the trick

• 1 month ago

If it was a concrete wall, you would not hear them. So it is a wood wall. Take a couple of beer and go over and share a drink. The pounding will stop for that period of time. Ffuck, ask any worker. They stop for beer or Ppussy. That is normal construction rules in their contract.

Or you could be a cheap BassTurd and buy construction ear plugs, the foam ones you roll and insert into your ears. Or be even cheaper and use a sharp nail. Once deaf, it will never heal but you will not hear the noise of Anything ever again. Or you could head out to the bar and drink all day or shop. The dude is trying to get the job finished so he can move on to a new job.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It can be cheap.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You can't soundproof. You can significantly dampen sound with MASS. Heavy blankets or other such items hanging on the wall help.

• 1 month ago

Friend learn to fight fire with fire learn about Sonic weapons and Sonic cannons learn how to make yourself treble Cannon one with a thousand watts of power! Get a tone generator that goes into the high frequency just high enough so you that you can't hear it aim that directional speaker toward the offending area. And Crank it up go outside and wash your car or vacuum your car or do something. let it give them a fourth-degree banging headache. Takes about 30 minutes. repeat the process each and every time they get noisy. I'll guarantee you'll get them to move within about a week. Don't make any reference to anybody about your device.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i would talk to your landlord about it

• Laurie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Hang some thick blankets or rugs on the wall. They won’t soundproof it, but it will help. If you know them well, ask THEM to hang something on their side of the wall...

• John
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

Hang Arnold the pig on the wall and he will discuss Einsteinian Physics.

• Carson
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Hang woven rugs on the wall.

I have an 9'x6' Mexican rug on one of my walls.

I don't know enough about your walls or ceiling to tell you how to hang it. If you could get it an inch or half inch of the wall by using a frame it would really help buffer the sound.

• 1 month ago

two inches of cork insulation should deaden the sound some. moving will fix the problem more thoroughly

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.