Would I be a bad person for moving out of my mothers house knowing that she neglects her cat?

I live with my mom. She has a 15 year old manx cat. Its never been to the vet except for getting spayed as a kitten. She feeds it and pets it sometimes but other than that she does nothing with it. I mentioned that she should start taking him to the vet once a year. Her excuse was that she looked healthy and made... show more I live with my mom. She has a 15 year old manx cat. Its never been to the vet except for getting spayed as a kitten. She feeds it and pets it sometimes but other than that she does nothing with it. I mentioned that she should start taking him to the vet once a year. Her excuse was that she looked healthy and made it to be 15 without going to the vet. It does look healthy but that doesnt mean it is. I know she would take it to the vet if it were visibly sick, but by that time it would be to late. She mentioned something about not bringing it to the vet because it stresses it out too much and she doesnt trust shots and pills. It's an outdoor cat, so I think that makes it even worse that she doesnt take it to the vet. I felt bad and took it to the vet recently and spent about 400-500 on it. Anyways, I found an apartment and was gonna move into it with my friend, but I'm afraid my mom will neglect this catx and it will die a very painfull death. I guess I could take her, but shes lived were shes lived for so long, and I dont think she would take well to the new environment. I also just cant handle the responsibility of a pet right now. Whay should I do?