I don't believe in peaceful solutions in politics?

I'm not going to tell you where I'm located and what country I live to avoid conflict in this question, but here is my situation. For approximately 50 years my people has been discriminated. Between those years there has been peaceful movements speaking out, but the end result is more rights being taken... show more I'm not going to tell you where I'm located and what country I live to avoid conflict in this question, but here is my situation. For approximately 50 years my people has been discriminated. Between those years there has been peaceful movements speaking out, but the end result is more rights being taken away from us. Ever since I was a kid in early elementary school, I was having a hard time believing in peaceful solutions in politics and social issues. Now that I'm going towards my mid-20s I still refuse to believe. Rather than going forward I feel like we are going backwards. I've been involved in protests before, but I'm just not feeling we are progressing. I believe things need to get worse before things can get better. We don't live in an Martin Luther King, Mahatma Gandhi age anymore. In the modern era our political opponents know our every move. They tend to ignore us and take things for granted when it comes to being peaceful.

Now keep in mind. I don't advocate for violence. But at the same time I think violence is inevitable, and there is nothing you can do about it. I a peaceful person and I offer peaceful solutions, but in the back of my mind I don't really believe that at all. Things have gotten violent recently as a result of us being ignored for so long and censorship. Violence in my opinion is the equivalent of suffering a heart attack. After that, you have the choice of making a change or wait until things get worse.

IDK. What do you think?