Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 month ago

What do you do if your hunting and you go to your tree stand and someone else is in it?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best Answer

I would question their authority. If they refuse to leave under my order, I will shoot them with my 20 gauge shotgun.

• Mr.357
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It would depend upon where the land was located and who owned it. In the state that I live in, anyone can use any stand installed on public land. On private property, the owner or lessee could have the trespasser arrested if they did not have permission to be on the property. In other states, options may differ.

• 1 month ago

I would tell them to get the hell out or I am calling the police on them for trespassing since I only deer hunt on private land.

• 1 month ago

What state? In my state tree stands, traplines, and bear baiting sites/stands all need to have a weatherproof sign indicating ownership - name, address and phone number. Anyone caught using or messing with your equipment - you are entitled to cash/monetary reimbursement for what you 'think' you could have caught. Here, you do NOT confront the trespasser...… you quietly leave and call Wildlife Troopers - they will arrest the person, confiscating their gun(s), knives, car, atv etc and impounding all things of value. If the trooper is able to catch them in the act - sweet - they will prosecute them in criminal court. Usually the confiscated stuff is sold at auction and they give you the money.

If the troopers cannot make it to where you are - here you take pics of them, their equipment, car or truck. If you have a clean record, and the idiots have a past history of doing this - the troopers might prosecute for you. Otherwise you take them to civil court. They do not want to go to civil court - because the judge is authorized to award 3x what you 'think' they screwed you out of.

Laws differ tremendously from state to state. In Alaska - where a bait stand is where your family gets the meat to make sausage and pot roasts for the next year - troopers and judges will do all they can to support you. You get a liberal, tree hugging judge in New England that thinks hunters are all Bambi killers - you wont get much support.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Robin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

get them nicke for poaching

• 1 month ago

You politely tell them to get out. If they refuse, go find their car. Flat tires are a nice trick.

• BBean
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

USAFisherman!,Now, you have destroyed your image of so many that put you high on a pedestal....so juvenile to slice tires or just deflate.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

go to another one

• Gary
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

Stop giving stupid answers 

• 1 month ago

Thats when you use a chainsaw and fire it up. Im sure that will get them out of there!

EDIT; I was joking. I had that happen to me a long time ago. What I did was ask the guy to please leave my tree stand. When he refused to I went to my truck and got my boom box (radio cassette player) and went back to my stand and turned up some rock music at full volume and sat there waiting. After he yelled at me for a half hour he gave up and left. I then took my stand down and moved it. True story.

• In
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Shoot them out of it?

• C T M
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Personally I would drag their *** out of my tree stand and bust their rifle and at least one arm. You should probably turn around and fetch the game warden.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.