Have you had any ghostly or poltergeist experiences? Who was involved?

• Gary K

No, sorry.

Ghosts and poltergeists make no logical sense, have no scientific plausibility, and despite centuries of investigation have no credible scientific evidence. Ghost stories can be explained by misinterpretations, misunderstandings, dreams, hallucinations and hoaxes. There is no rational reason to think they exist by any means. You are living in fantasy is you believe otherwise.

• Gary K
      1 month agoReport

I don't believe you can see spirits.

At a friends house he said with a scared look on his face that they had come home and there was poop in the toilet. Unexplainable in his opinion. I went home ,don't remember if it was the same day and there was poop in my toilet when no one could have gotten in to do it. This same friend said that once he looked out the window at night and saw a ghost walking on the sidewalk.

I have had several, most have been underwhelming.

• Hunter

Poltergeists aren't real ghosts; they are a psychic manifestation, usually caused by an adolescent person with psychic abilities, but occasionally by an adult. In other words, people create their own poltergeists.

However, I did see a ghost once, walking down the streets of Vancouver, Canada. Not what I was expecting, but few things go the way they do on TV and in movies. What was a lot more scarier was that one night I walked into a dark kitchen and saw the shadow image of a man; I freaked and turned on the lights, but no one was there. It was only later on I heard about shadow people... I probably wouldn't have believed in them if I didn't see one with my own eyes. Strange world we live in.

• Mr. P
      1 month agoReport

I had a poltergeist that would leave phone messages on an answerphone while I was out, and the number recorded was from the home number.
      Interesting if I could have caused this myself while I was out at work. I don't know how to do this.

• Adam

i was a little kid and i woke up and there was a glowing blue transluscent woman walking thru my room she was beautiful but she scared me so i covered my head with the covers and said when i uncover my head she would be gone and when i uncovered my head she was gone

• Mr. P

Yes.

I have been in a house and felt something enter the room, but could not see it. I asked it if it could make it's presence known - and the lights went out. That is perhaps the biggest cliché. But it also turned off the computer, the water heater and then the cooker - one at a time and within a minute or two of me using them. All turned of in the main fusebox by the door - which I could see,

Another time & house I had a stereo possessed. It started turning the backlight on when I would get home, then progressed to turning on and playing music. It would do this for a couple of months - each time I came home, and not at a regular time. No timer was set. I checked. I invited a friend around and introduced it as the possessed stereo. At which it started up. I said "Thank you" in a loud voice, and it turned off again. It would only play my CD's, and spit out ones my friend brought. Things went sour after that and it seemed to sulk. I would catch a glimpse of the backlight being on, but when I turned around - it would turn off.

Then it woke me up at 4AM on full volume and I couldn't turn it off. So I unplugged it and gave it away.

Within a week the phone calls started being left on the answerphone. Crackly static with like someone was shouting from a long way away. These got clearer the more they happened, eventually I did get a loud "get out!"

I checked the caller ID, and it said it was from my own home number....left at a time I was in work. You can't do that with an answerphone. Well not normally anyway. I said NO to whatever was there, and it just stopped after that. Well apart from the fog which just appeared in the room, stayed for about a minute, then just disappeared again.

I've also had a printer possessed during communication, and the lights on my vehicle sometimes turn themselves on at about 3Am.

I've seen quite a few spirits too, and used to hunt them, but now just research the ones that i see during normal life. I've seen a dentist pulling teeth in 1850, guy getting crushed in a basement, two girls drowning, one hanging in 1400, soldiers from 1308, kids in prison and slaves in a warehouse in 1700, a funeral herse in 1800, some scholgirls 1850, some children in a bronze age hillfort, about 50 spirits from the same era, two in a car crash in the 70's, and the most recent is a girl of about 9 in a local woodland. Others too but is quite a long list.

These are not shadows or outlines or whispy traces, I see them as people -like real people, often in their surroundings of their time, and usually during the day after a walk or driving there, but there is usually something odd which makes me realise they are spirits. The girl in the woodland for example - her face just sort of decomposed and then she faded out. Plus she was wearing a white nightdress and was soaking wet.

Not yet. It is still not clear what it causes.

not yet and i hope i never do

• In

Nope. I am not mentally disturbed.

• Brian

No. Then again, ghosts, sprits, spooks, and spectres do not exist.