What if i dont  what student loans? Please help?

What if I refuse the loans on the fafsa? What if I dont want debt even though their need based loans?

Favorite Answer

You say no.

Our girls were offered loans. They said no. They got some money in Pell grants, and we and they worked to make sure they graduated debt free.

No one is going to show up and force you to take the money.

You don't have to take on any debt you don't want to. Simply pay cash to your university instead of taking out loans. The FAFSA just shows what you qualify for, not what you have to take.

• RICK

So don't accept thm

They are not mandatory

A need based loan is just that...a need based loan. That you still need to repay at some point. BEWARE. You'll probably be paying for the rest of your life and from beyond the grave. Don't be fooled by the word "need". The ones who need them most are the ones who are least likely to be able to repay them and will wind up suffering in a perpetual cycle of hardship and severe poverty...

you could try for grants or scholarships

Loans aren't mandatory.

• .

Then refuse. It's totally your decision. My oldest son takes all the subsidized loans he can get and invests the funds. My younger son simply declines the loans.

Nobody is forcing you to go into debt.

• Greg

So do not accept the loans. What answer are you seeking?