Jade asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 month ago

how do I remove an account from my gmail without deleting the account?

I worked with this company for like a month and was logged into their email on my phone but when I quit I never logged out off my phone and now I'm permanently logged into this account and I can't figure out how to log out. Even my calender on my phone is linked to it somehow and any events or meetings they have I get a notification and it's really annoying considering I haven't worked there in over 6 months. If I press "remove account" will it just remove the account from my phone or will it permanently delete the whole account? Like from their system?

It will only remove it from the device.

• Lv 7

deleting the account in that menu only deletes it from that phone. the account will still exist.

your phone has no control over your google account, just over what appears on the phone...

• Dave

Removing account just removes it from your phone, which they should have forced you to do the day you were no longer an employee. Company must have a crappy IT department.

i would just talk to someone from gmail about it

Removing an account won't delete the account.

Removing and deleting are two separate things.