What do you "do," with "people" who, tend to "overuse" punctuation, such as "commas," and quotation marks?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • geezer
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Best Answer

Well I suppose that its better than people who dont use any punctuation at all because at least you dont have an endless piece of writing with nothing there to tell you when to pause or which bits are being spoken by someone and or which bits need to be emphasised to make the meaning clear as my english teacher at school said its better to over punctuate than not punctuate at all.

• 1 month ago

'YOU' don't do anything with them, particularly if they are not overusing, but 'using' punctuation where, and when, it is necessary. I would need to understand what qualifies you as an expert, and if you truly understand when and where punctuation is appropriate, and being used correctly. For example, all of the punctuation I have used in this answer has been used correctly, both in the occasion for punctuation, and the punctuation I have chosen. Do you believe that I have 'overused' punctuation in this reply?

• 1 month ago

skip past what affects your anger mangement

• 1 month ago

Nothing. Judge not lest you too be judged. If I did I could never get away with my excessive use of periods ...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I love to laugh at people who put their fingers in the air and "draw" quotation marks when they are speaking.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

questions about the answerer are not allowed on Y!A

• 1 month ago

Nothing. Grammar Nazis are Not wanted on social media if you email me and use Text i just delete it But if i can read and Understand it i dont care about silly commas and full stops Period

• Laurie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I grade their papers and mark their mistakes.

• JuanB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Laugh at them behind their back

• 1 month ago

nothing you can do about it, just ignore it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.