What do you "do," with "people" who, tend to "overuse" punctuation, such as "commas," and quotation marks?

• geezer
    Best Answer

Well I suppose that its better than people who dont use any punctuation at all because at least you dont have an endless piece of writing with nothing there to tell you when to pause or which bits are being spoken by someone and or which bits need to be emphasised to make the meaning clear as my english teacher at school said its better to over punctuate than not punctuate at all.

'YOU' don't do anything with them, particularly if they are not overusing, but 'using' punctuation where, and when, it is necessary. I would need to understand what qualifies you as an expert, and if you truly understand when and where punctuation is appropriate, and being used correctly. For example, all of the punctuation I have used in this answer has been used correctly, both in the occasion for punctuation, and the punctuation I have chosen. Do you believe that I have 'overused' punctuation in this reply?

skip past what affects your anger mangement

Nothing. Judge not lest you too be judged. If I did I could never get away with my excessive use of periods ...

I love to laugh at people who put their fingers in the air and "draw" quotation marks when they are speaking.

• Zirp

questions about the answerer are not allowed on Y!A

Nothing. Grammar Nazis are Not wanted on social media if you email me and use Text i just delete it But if i can read and Understand it i dont care about silly commas and full stops Period

• Laurie

I grade their papers and mark their mistakes.

• JuanB

Laugh at them behind their back

nothing you can do about it, just ignore it