Question about camping in big bear . Weather related ?

I will be going tent camping up in the big bear mountains. At night the Temperature will drop to 27 degrees! I will of course bring thick clothing and warm boots ! We will be sleeping on a air mattress in the tent with a bunch of thick blankets. Will this be okay in 27 degree weather ? Is that too cold for humans to be sleeping outside? I don’t want to get hypothermia or anything like that lol I know this is probably a dumb question but I’m just curious if it’s safe or not!

Safe or not is a good question. I would like to know if you would be safe in staid of freezing.

• Rick

Protected by a tent that is certainly not too cold. I find your equipment choices a little sketchy. I would prefer a real sleeping bag rated appropriately for the expected temps along with some sort of insulating ground pad. While air mattresses are comfortable in mild weather, once the ground is cold the air in the mattress will wick heat away from your body. Closed cell foam pads can be had for twenty bucks or less while with more sophisticated insulated sleep systems the sky is the limit.