How to get visas easily when you're only a freelancer?

I'm a freelance web developer. I get most of my clients online. I've never worked as an employee. I've never traveled outside my country - Philippines.  I plan to go for a vacation in the US or a country in Europe in the future. 

I heard that you are going to give a reason not to overstay in the country you are visiting. I don't know exactly what to say. Can someone give me tips? Should I show some kind of documents (e.g. client contracts, etc.)?

2 Answers

  • 1 month ago

    Your issue isn't getting a tourist visa. Your possible issues are at the airport in the USA or UK or wherever. Immigration officials, visa or not, will need to be 100% convinced you intend to return home after your holiday.

    So, what you need is:

    - return air tickets are a must

    - enough money to support yourself for the holiday

    - accomodation booked or arranged

    - some idea of what you intend to do and see while in their country

    It also helps if you have your own home / job / family etc at home - again, a reason to return. Freelancer shouldn't be a problem if all your work is in your own country

  • 1 month ago

    You should ask the consulate of the countries you want to visit. They know all the rules for visas. Usually, it suffices if you can show that you have already bought an airline or railroad ticket to go on to another country or to go back home. That usually satisfies a country that you're not planning to overstay your visa.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.