Christian's- Exactly what is it that Jesus loves about humanity? ?

• Arch
    Favorite Answer

First, NCWJ is right. It's not "humanity" that God loves. God loves YOU, as an individual. God loves ME, as an individual. This "God loves humanity" business is a human idea taken from the fact that we CANNOT love every individual, so we have to love, or at least pretend to love, "humanity".

Now, that just begs the question, "What does God love about YOU?" Well, quite simply, it doesn't work that way. There is nothing ABOUT you that He loves. He loves you because Love is His Nature. He doesn't NEED to have something ABOUT you to love. That is a HUMAN weakness … the need to love something about someone in order to love that someone. God does not have that weakness.

God loves YOU, and me, because of HIS Nature, not ours. It's not that there is anything about us which to love, it's that love is intrinsic to HIS Nature.

Jesus is our Creator; He loves the things He has made. Colossians 1:13-19

God loves us because our spirits are literally his children. Jesus loves God, his father and our father, his God and our God, so he also loves God's children.

He loves that we were created by God.

• Paul

Any decent parent loves their children, regardless of their faults and failings. God is the ultimate, infinite and perfect Father.

• Duck

He loves our spunk.

• Liz

Considering that Jesus was with God in heaven when God said at Genesis 1:26 "let us make man in our image...." he saw the potential in humans to fulfill the purpose that God has for mankind - to fill the earth with happy, perfect human beings. At Genesis 1:28 "Further, God blessed them, and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it,"

• Otto

When on earth Jesus cured the sick, fed the hungry, and calmed storms. He even raised the dead.

Why did he perform miracles ?

He felt pity for people who were suffering, and he wanted to help them.

His miracles proved that he was God's Son.

Source(s): Bible
  • Enigma

Well,there's ? And,there's ? And ?,too.

I asked Him that (about myself), because I don't feel worthy of His love. This was His answer:

"I love you; I love the 'you' that I created to be with Me for eternity."

By this I understood that the 'me' that has been redeemed is created for His love and His good pleasure and is lovable.

And if that's true of me, it's true for you too.

You are of infinite worth to your Maker.

He loves the individual