Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 1 month ago

Do your have or had in the past a relative who was stricken with Parkinsons disease?

If so, what were some of the symptoms that you noticed in the beginning?

• al
    Best Answer

Weakness in the legs, then falling (misdiagnosed as Sciatica by his doctors).

Also would lose tract of the subject matter in a conversation and change the subject to something he was familiar with (this got far worse as time went on).

• Andy C

Weakness, easy falling, problems with equilibrium, intention tremors, holding one's own hands so as to try to stifle or hide the tremors, eye twitching/uncontrolled blinking.

My mom's family has Huntington' s, which affects the mind AND body. She's clear, so I'm likely clear as well.

• David

Web MD is a great source for you to read. There are others.. usually the first thing noticed is a resting tremor.

• audrey

My sister in law has it. She had shaky hands, stumbled when walking, trouble sleeping. But she still travels and does a lot of things she enjoys.