I got an after school detention that I have to serve next week for skipping a class, what should I tell my parents? ?

• Joe

Tell the truth.  You're a high IQ kid with straight A's working to get into med school on a scholarship....right ?

You should tell your parents you have an after-school detention for skipping class. And you will never do it again, of course! Chances are, the school will notify them that you have an after-school, or that you have served an after-school this month.

Don't they have to sign your detention slip (then they would see the reason)?

Once I got a detention for talking too much, maybe you can just tell them that.

the truth would be a refreshing change. you don't want to risk a lie [reading for possible cast members in spring school play, for example] that some teacher might later expose with a casual comment to your parents

• Vicki

The truth? Always better to tell the truth.

You should lie and say you are walking home with a friend of course.

• Sandy

tell the truth. isn't the school supposed to notify your parents anyway? I wouldn't think the school would leave that up to the kids. You all would never tell them. LOL!

• audrey

Gee, you're lucky. My school always notified the parents.

No your parents will be legally obligated to abandon you then.

• Iam

er . . . . . . .the truth?