I got an after school detention that I have to serve next week for skipping a class, what should I tell my parents? ?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Joe
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Tell the truth.  You're a high IQ kid with straight A's working to get into med school on a scholarship....right ?

• 1 month ago

You should tell your parents you have an after-school detention for skipping class. And you will never do it again, of course! Chances are, the school will notify them that you have an after-school, or that you have served an after-school this month.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Don't they have to sign your detention slip (then they would see the reason)?

Once I got a detention for talking too much, maybe you can just tell them that.

• 1 month ago

the truth would be a refreshing change. you don't want to risk a lie [reading for possible cast members in spring school play, for example] that some teacher might later expose with a casual comment to your parents

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Vicki
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

The truth? Always better to tell the truth.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You should lie and say you are walking home with a friend of course.

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

tell the truth. isn't the school supposed to notify your parents anyway? I wouldn't think the school would leave that up to the kids. You all would never tell them. LOL!

• audrey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Gee, you're lucky. My school always notified the parents.

• 1 month ago

No your parents will be legally obligated to abandon you then.

• Iam
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

er . . . . . . .the truth?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.