? asked in PetsHorses · 1 month ago

One of my friends said he ate my donkey while I was away from my farm. When I came back to my farm my donkey was not there.?

Do you think he was lying or would someone actually eat a donkey? I've never heard of this happening before

• Vicki
    Best Answer

People see food sources in the weirdest of animals... So...

Nor me!, but horse is a popular food. Most people can't tell the difference between horse and beef especially if it is prepared into a burger or stew. It is actually quite good for you being lower in fat. The only problem is you need to check with the farm where its from because racing horses are injected with steroids and other nasty drugs. If put down by a vet it might even have been injected with something poisonous which is a problem when coming across road kill or horse carcases just left awaiting disposal, but if you have seen the donkey or horse happily galloping round a farm then it would be OK to eat it.

If anyone killed (murdered) one of my animals I would shoot him or her. My horses and pony are like my children