Anonymous

How do I quit smoking?

Been smoking for what is going to be 5 years now. I want to better my health...

• Anna

Use an e-cigarette or a nicotine patch. My boyfriend's dad used to smoke, but he was given a e-cigarette for his birthday 5 years ago (around the time my boyfriend and I got together) and he was able to quit completely. He uses the e-cigarette to this day and he never touched a normal cigarette since. So you should try it and try the patch that goes in your arm. Should fulfil your cravings for nicotine.

• mike m

Not cheap, but Chantix worked for me.

• RICK

Just stop

I smoked for 30 years

Stoped when I decided to, no other nicotine devices or medication required

Very strong willpower and determination - I was a heavy smoker for a long time and just over a year ago I started using the vape instead of cigs, I still use the vape but only a few times per day. Good Luck

Sometimes it takes more than just "self control" because after so long of smoking cigarettes, your body might not know how to go without nicotine. Nicotine is an addictive substance therefore once the body adapts to regular nicotine intake, people find giving up smoking difficult because of the uncomfortable symptoms of nicotine withdrawal. When people use nicotine for an extended period, it leads to changes in the balance of chemical messengers in their brain.

Nicotine also affects areas in the brain related to breathing,

memory, appetite, and heart rate. So to quick smoking is not an easy thing to do on your own. My mom actually just quick smoking and she found that she couldnt do it on her own without being grumpy, feeling anxious and even getting headaches. She talked to her doctor and they gave her Mint Coated Lozenges that have nicotine in them. She takes them whenever she feels the urge for a cigarette and slowly she'll take them less and less until she doesnt need them at all. You should look into it because I can see it's working for my mom, without all the chemicals that smoking gives you. Good luck, you've made a good decision to quit smoking :)

Back in the days, I joined a support group for smokers who want to quit. It made it like a group effort. I tried to quit alone before, but couldnt resist the temptation of smoking.

• Rick

YOU gotta do it, others can help, but most of it is on you...............

Self control

—————-