How do I explain this to a prospective employer?

My husband owns his own mechanic shop an area where there is little work. I haven’t been able to find a job here in almost a year and I’ve completed a Masters Degree. I went to apply at the local grocery store and the hiring manager told me she had over 400 applicants. This should give you an idea of the market in... show more My husband owns his own mechanic shop an area where there is little work. I haven’t been able to find a job here in almost a year and I’ve completed a Masters Degree. I went to apply at the local grocery store and the hiring manager told me she had over 400 applicants. This should give you an idea of the market in my town. I visit other areas you see now hiring signs everywhere. Here it’s very limited. 
My husband is actually planning to sell the business and our home so we can move to a bigger city (suburb) outside the city where there will be more opportunities for the both of us. The problem is we have to wait until June to move. 

How do I explain this to employers? That I’m currently in an area with very limited industry. The closest “city” is over 3 hours away.