Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentTechnology · 2 months ago

Is there any way a person with computer science degree but low salary job make extra money ?

I have a computer science degree but I live in a 3rd world country where all jobs are low paying while living cost is high. I get paid $1000 a month and pay $700 for rent and $300 for food and I buy myself cloth twice or 3 times a year. 

Is there any way I can make extra money?

• Lv 7

work in America, live overseas.

May I ask which country and city? $700 for rent and $300 for food seems out of line for a place where a CS degree earns $1k. Even here in silicon valley, one could eat on $300/month, by cooking one's own food with reasonable care. What do people with non-technical jobs do to live and eat? Can you do the same? I know you were looking for ways to earn more, but your best money might come from reducing expenses, first.

• Tavy

Can you mend computers? People could come to you for problem solving.

• Maxi

You could offer services to other people so part time self employed and earn extra that way