EP 4000 as a subwoofer amp?

With a standard home theater reciever with an led output would I be able to use a behringer ep4000 as a subwoofer amp, if so what would the switch order be?

Let me put it this way: 

Properly rated amplifiers of worthwhile quality

cost at least $2.00 per watt.

That should tell you something important.  

And... Most subwoofers suited to home use have built-in amplifiers, 

which eliminates the need to consider what to drive them with. 

I would go that way unless I was doing something particularly special,

in which case I would want a MUCH better-quality amplifier 

than anything Behringer ever has or ever will make.  

• Daniel K
      1 month agoReport

The EP series are actually excellent "old school" power amps with heavy duty transformers and beefy power supplies. They basically last forever and sound great. I would put them up against any douchey audiophile amp any day.

I assume the receiver has a SUBWOOFER output of some type. If it is not an analog output you will need to buy a cheap converter on Amazon or whatever to convert it to analog.

The EP4000 is an excellent subwoofer amp and you can run it in bridged mode if you have only one subwoofer. Keep in mind it puts out around 3000 watts into 8 ohms or 4000 watts into 4 ohms in bridged mode. Most home theater subs will not be able to handle that much power. A good 18 inch professional sub will work fine.