Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Iranian/Perians, what are your thoughts on Turkey planning invading Northern Syria to attack the Kurds?

Will Iran intervene ? I know that Persians and Turks aren't the best of friends.

• humpty
    Favorite Answer

Iran would rather the rest of Asia Minor would calm down. They understand that they are isolated from the Muslim majority, who look to the Saudis, and they would desperately like to find a rationale with the west, especially the USA. They were getting there, as Obama wanted them as a balance to Saudi power, but all that has gone out the window with the Great Disruptor.

Therefore, Iran will do nothing as the Kurds face genocide. Israel might. Genocide is a very sore point with them.

Everybody there hates the Kurds.

The Kurds need their own Country, but nobody will allow them to settle

Very similar situation to the Jews.

• Phil2 months agoReport

I don't hate the Kurds.
      If there is a place where they live and want independence I'm all for it.

If Iran joined up with the Kurds it would be interesting because Iran is currently helping Russia and Syria. The situation is so complex still that I figure what needs to be done should happen in stages. Right now it looks like Turkey is going to try to remove the Kurds from Syria. All of Syria. Then what? Fight Russia to get to Assad?

Source(s): bisexual Christian

Suddenly I have a hankering for matzo ball soup using turkey....instead of chicken!

BTW,

I am a Roman-Catholic that sides with Israel and DOESN'T blame our Jewish Brothers for the crucifying of JESUS!

More carrots and celery!!!!

Always nice to see Muslims murdering each other

You are forgetting that Azerbaijani Iranians are close to Turks and are one third of Iran including the Supreme leader Hassan Rouhani.