Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStudying Abroad · 1 month ago

Canadian or American Computer science degree is stronger ?

I'm eygpt and want to study abroad and I'm thinking whether it should be Canada or USA and what degree is stronger? I'm not planning to stay in eygpt in the future due to economy and would like to know what degree will give me better chance to work in Europe or Dubai or in good countries 

Oh and my family can afford those countries 

That's the wrong question. There are good schools and mediocre schools in both countries. You need to look at the individual schools. It's also harder to get a visa for the US right now- that might change after the next election.

The best way to learn about Computer is in the heart of Silicon Valley.   There are a few prestigious university in the area.... Stanford and UC Berkley.   I hope your GPA in high school is at least, 3.7. 

PS: there are some good software companies in Canada.   And there are in Toronto.

Maybe the US. It has some of the best colleges and universities but I'm not so sure about Canadian colleges and universities. They're high-class, too. So I don't know.

It depends more on the university - a good university in either country will be more valuable than a poor university in either

• ibu guru
      1 month agoReport

Expect to need master's degree + experience to compete for jobs internationally. To qualify for temporary employment visa, your expertise must be in short supply. With rare exceptions, new grads with bachelor's degrees in CS are having a hard time finding entry-level jobs in many countries now.

Computer Science degrees vary enormously. At the top end are degrees from universities like MIT and Cambridge where you will find recruiters from Google or Facebook hanging around at graduation. At the bottom end are 'degrees' that teach you nothing more than a coding language which you can get faster and more cheaply with a 12 week programming course.

Unless your CS degree is from one of the top universities, you will not get a work permit a a newly minted undergraduate. It is not about which country you study in, it is about the quality of your award. Then of course you will need to have done internships. Those are an essential part of the process.

Oh and I presume you realise that Europe is not country. Each of the constituent countries has its own language, some have several. You will need a very high level of fluency in the language of instruction to attend university outside your own country.

• I'm eygpt and want to study abroad and I'm thinking whether it should be Canada or USA and what degree is stronger? I'm not planning to stay in eygpt in the future due to economy and would like to know what degree will give me better chance to work in Europe or Dubai or in good countries Oh and my family can afford those countries

If you're Egyptian, spell Egypt correctly.

• ibu guru
      1 month agoReport

Your English skills are inadequate to study in any English-speaking country, or English-based curriculum.