Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelEurope (Continental)Russia · 1 month ago

Is Russia safe for US citizens?

I was going to take a vacation (with my family to russia), I was wondering how safe it is? And also if war broke out between America and Russia while I'm over there will I become a prisoner?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best Answer

A lot depends on where you go. I was in Moscow last spring, and I have never had so many warnings about what to carry, what not to carry, what to do and what not to do. There's a lot of crime in Moscow (and to answer Nunya, everybody I saw was white- that doesn't mean there's no crime). People were especially careful about taxis- I was told never to get into a taxi, even one waiting in front of my hotel. Someone always called a car for me (there's a version of Uber there), or I had the hotel call one, and they always gave me the license plate number to make sure I didn't get in the wrong car. There were security people everywhere- all over the stores- so there must be a big problem there, too. St. Petersburg was better- it felt less oppressive. People were still careful about the taxis.

• Marc
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

My nearly 30 years of Russia says it is as safe a place as can be on Earth.

• 1 month ago

If war broke out between America and Russia, the Earth will die including me and you, independent of your location. So, don't worry about.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i dont think your family would go if it wasnt safe, so i would just go and try to have a good time

• 1 month ago

hopefully its safe or your family wouldnt be going

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Nunya
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

It is safe. Homogeneous white countries and east Asian countries are very safe.

• Gypsyfish
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

"Russia is a supply, transit, and destination country for men, women, and children being trafficked for various purposes.[24][32] "

• 1 month ago

not as safe as Canada, but certainly not bad ...................................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.