how do i explain to my 2 year old daughter were her mother went?

I have a 2 year old daughter and her mother abandoned her when she was only a baby and today while we were going for a walk she asked me "daddy where mommy?" and i didn't know how to respond so i just voided her question and i still don't know how to reposond

You want to be truthful yet delicate here-

I would tell her something "she is away right now, she is trying to feel better herself and when she does she'll come back, everything will be fine". This tells the truth but also isn't damaging either.

• Logan

She's 2, she doesn't remember that. But when she's old enough to know what it means tell her the truth. But don't tell her anything else.

• Jason1 month agoReport

actually my 13 year old son talks about her all the time and she must've heard him talking about her and she must've wanted to raise the question

• Mark

No 2 yr old is capable to understand the

complexity of such a situation as this I'd

tell her to stop asking such question.

• LizB
      1 month agoReport

Children should never be afraid to ask any question of their parents. He needs to learn how to address her curiosity in an age-appropriate way, not just shut her down anytime her questions make him uncomfortable.

i would just tell her she went on a trip