Play DVD w/o computer?

Is there a way to play DVD without a computer? I mean directly plug a display screen to the DVD player?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best Answer

Answers to your two questions:

Yes, and Yes.

That's what a DVD player is for! DVD players are intended to be hooked up to TVs.

If your "display screen" is not a TV, but it has inputs that match the DVD player's outputs (if the DVD player has an up-scaled HDMI output for example), you could also use that. But if your "display screen" has no speakers, though, you'll have to find some other way to hear the DVD.

Unless you are not talking about an actual DVD player, but an optical (DVD-RW) drive for a computer, then the answers to the questions are: Yes if you have a DVD player, and Yes if you have a DVD player.

• Who1 month agoReport

Edit: the dvd player has USB type B port

• 1 month ago

If you wish to use a DVD player with a computer monitor, then that issue depends on what specific outputs the player has and what specific inputs the monitor has. If they both have compatible connections, then it is possible.

Your other issue is, does your monitor have speakers built in, or can you use a set of outboard speakers .

Since you chose NOT to tell us the specific make and models of each device, no one here can look up their specific specifications, and tell you if this is possible with the specific models of each that you have.

• John P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

When DVDs were first invented the only way to play them was via a normal TV set. You indeed plugged your DVD player into a TV set.

• falcon
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Use the DVD player with your television

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Read The Manual that came with the player.  

• 1 month ago

Ok, just to be sure, as the others state, a DVD player (like the ones available in stores) can be plugged into most TV's using one of the video IN connections on the back of the tv. It can be HDMI, component, composite or even coax, but they are made to do that.

The reason I'm responding is that I suddenly wondered if you meant the DVD player INSIDE your computer. That has no way of connecting to a TV on it's own.

• 1 month ago

If both your TV and DVD player have the correct video ports, then yes. Without knowing exactly what DVD player you have and what monitor (or at least the model numbers), I can't tell you exactly how to do it.

Update: 3 days later and you still haven't updated your question with the relevant info...

Lv 7
    1 month ago

Most people connect their DVD players to their TVs.

• L
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

It depends on the LCD screen that you use for your computer and the DVD player.

For example, if the DVD player and the LCD screen you use have a composite video connector and audio connectors, then yes.

We don't know which LCD screen model you are using. We have no way to know what it can do.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.