Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 1 month ago

what is the symbol for suicide?

hello, a friend killed himself not so long ago. I am thinking of getting a tattoo in reference to him. i am not sure what the symbol for suicide is, i am aware of the semi colon (;) but all i have found is that that representing preventing suicide and mental health

15 Answers

Relevance
  • W.T.
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

I've seen the reapers sickle with a/an small asterisk above the handle/blade

• 1 month ago

How bout getting an Ankh, the symbol for life? A tattoo of a symbol for suicide (not sure one exists) could send the wrong message. Best of luck.

• The semi colon tattoo is used as a message of affirmation and solidarity against suicide, depression, addiction, and other mental health issues. Suicide often happens because of a mental health issue such as depression.

Sorry for your loss, maybe get some thing that represents your friend along with the semi colon.

Here are a few other tattoos using the semi colon.

https://www.google.com/search?q=suicide+prevention...

• patty
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

what about just his initials

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Get something that he liked, not referencing his suicide.

• David
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There is no such symbol.  Why did he kill himself?

• Kaz
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I wasn't aware there was a "symbol" for suicide. I think I'd rather have a tattoo in memoriam that didn't highlight his final moments on this earth. I'd want a happier reminder or remembrance of my friend.

• 1 month ago

There is no point in getting a tattoo for suicide as it won't have to last very long.

• amy
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

not a symbol for suicide but in my culture the rose can mean a few things including the death of a loved one. Apparently the rose as a lost loved one is popular as others use it as well. Though they use it poorly. Blue for dead one. Red for live loved one. Kind of classless compared to the origin idea. Death should always be a black/grey rose.

Edit: Im poor but Im over due for three rose tattoos. One for my dad, my cousin and for my family.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Rest In Peace?????????

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.