Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysChristmas · 1 month ago

I hate Christmas time cause I am depressed when the whole world is happy. How do I not be depressed this year?

I am on the Bipolar Spectrum and also have severe anxiety. It is hell.

Best Answer

I hate This time of year too... I really dislike Christmas my self, The unecassary expenditure and the demands from children have rocketed from what it used to be like. Once over they would be happy with whatever they were given, now its demands for designer clothing and top of the range computing systems! Once over it used to be celebrate as Jesus Birthday....Singing Carols and Giving a gift or 2 and spending time with family, Now it  has become a time of greed and showyness. Competing with Kardashians trying to get the perfect tree and the perfect scenario!! Its all so FAKE!! We have decorations and tinned chocolates Gift sets and wrapping paper pushed in our faces before the summer time has even properly come to an end! 

Its all about money. 

Its not nice for people who do not wish to celebrate it or people who do wish to celebrate it but do not have any family! Elderly people or homeless people who do not know where the money for there next meal is comming from. The thing that gets me the most is it NOT EVEN JESUS BIRTHDAY! 

So just to let you know dont worry! It will soon be over and the whole world really is not happy about it... There is so many people who do NOT enjoy this time of year. 

• Grace1 month agoReport

is there a particular channel or you tuber? Ive looked but there is so many vids on green christmas. What type of vid is it?

• David

I once wrote an editorial: "I Hate Christmas, and I Don't Care Who Knows it."  I got six responses from readers, and five were negative.  That made my day! 

• A C

The whole world is not happy at Christmas.  Just try counting your blessings and remembering that Jesus is the reason for the season.  Read the Gospels of Luke and John and also Romans in the New Testament.  Look for someone who needs a friend and be their friend.  You'll feel better. 

• A C
      1 month agoReport

Also, look up Philippians 4:6-8

Take your meds?

Spend Xmas in Iran.

Get a dog, or a different pet?