promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

Why do critics of Jehovah's Witnesses accuse them of copy & paste when people like TeeM, Hannah J. Paul, Two Eyes, Roberta and Tom use their?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • TeeM
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

When critics of Jehovah's Witnesses accuse us of copy and paste, it is usually a copy and paste from the Watchtower publications.

When we use a source other than the Watchtower, we still have to copy and paste their comments, otherwise we are like many on R/S who only post their opinion.

Opinions do not prove or disprove anything.

A reputable source is different. Quoting experts in their field adds weight to our opinions.

To do so, one either copyx and pastes or does a lot of typing.

I often use blueletterbible.com and scripture4all.net

Google search is also a wonderful source.

I learned early in my ministry, that expressions, 'bible only' really means, 'No Watchtower references'.

One day a man said 'I will talk to you as long as it's the Bible only'.

When I came back, he had several reference works and several note books on the table.

I asked, "I thought we were using 'only the Bible'.

He said, "We are, these are just my text books and notes from my Bible study course."

This is when I learned 'Bible only' meant 'my references are acceptable, but not the Watchtower.

Since then I always strive to use 'your references' and not mine to prove points.

• ...Show all comments
    • Caribbean Man
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

And yet it is the Jw who has faith in the 1914 mumbo jumbo nonsense without any real scripture proof - just taking Bible texts out of context and connecting them together with wishful thinking and unsubstantiated assumptions.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Steph
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

There is a small number of JWs who often post answers that are not copy/paste. They do not, however, represent the majority. 

• 6 months ago

It would not be fair to characterize JWs in general based on the actions of a minority. The JWs you mentioned do not answer like the typical JW. They represent a minority. The majority of JWs who answer on here just parrot-paste information copied from their official website. Therefore it is not unfair for critics to say JWs on here give copy & paste answers.

• 6 months ago

Well...

If you accuse a thief (that you have caught in the act) of stealing

should I expect you to accuse all thieves everywhere?

Is that reasonable?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Everyone copies & pastes... the truth being self evident within them.

• 6 months ago

I don't know why people think copy and paste is a bad thing.

• Bill B
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

"...use their?"

Thesaurus?

Stock answers from years of experience here?

You need to clarify...use their WHAT?

• Caribbean Man
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

The asker must have missed that last word when selecting the text to copy and paste in the details of his question. lol.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Maybe because you people never have anything original to say?

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Who cares? Literally the only time I think about Jehoovahs is when I encounter one of their questions. Get your daily persecution fix somewhere else.

And yes, you saw me before I went anonymous. I saw you, too: https://answers.yahoo.com/activity/questions?show=...

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Own words when answering Bible related questions.

• Caribbean Man
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

It would not be fair to characterize JWs in general based on the actions of a minority. The majority of JWs who answer on here parrot information copied from their official website.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.