Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

Why do critics of Jehovah's Witnesses accuse them of copy & paste when people like TeeM, Hannah J. Paul, Two Eyes, Roberta and Tom use their?

• TeeM
    Favorite Answer

When critics of Jehovah's Witnesses accuse us of copy and paste, it is usually a copy and paste from the Watchtower publications.

When we use a source other than the Watchtower, we still have to copy and paste their comments, otherwise we are like many on R/S who only post their opinion.

Opinions do not prove or disprove anything.

A reputable source is different. Quoting experts in their field adds weight to our opinions.

To do so, one either copyx and pastes or does a lot of typing.

I often use blueletterbible.com and scripture4all.net

Google search is also a wonderful source.

I learned early in my ministry, that expressions, 'bible only' really means, 'No Watchtower references'.

One day a man said 'I will talk to you as long as it's the Bible only'.

When I came back, he had several reference works and several note books on the table.

I asked, "I thought we were using 'only the Bible'.

He said, "We are, these are just my text books and notes from my Bible study course."

This is when I learned 'Bible only' meant 'my references are acceptable, but not the Watchtower.

Since then I always strive to use 'your references' and not mine to prove points.

.

• Caribbean Man

And yet it is the Jw who has faith in the 1914 mumbo jumbo nonsense without any real scripture proof - just taking Bible texts out of context and connecting them together with wishful thinking and unsubstantiated assumptions.

• Steph

There is a small number of JWs who often post answers that are not copy/paste. They do not, however, represent the majority. 

It would not be fair to characterize JWs in general based on the actions of a minority. The JWs you mentioned do not answer like the typical JW. They represent a minority. The majority of JWs who answer on here just parrot-paste information copied from their official website. Therefore it is not unfair for critics to say JWs on here give copy & paste answers.

Well...

If you accuse a thief (that you have caught in the act) of stealing

should I expect you to accuse all thieves everywhere?

Is that reasonable?

Everyone copies & pastes... the truth being self evident within them.

I don't know why people think copy and paste is a bad thing.

• Bill B

"...use their?"

Thesaurus?

Stock answers from years of experience here?

You need to clarify...use their WHAT?

• Caribbean Man

The asker must have missed that last word when selecting the text to copy and paste in the details of his question. lol.

Maybe because you people never have anything original to say?

Who cares? Literally the only time I think about Jehoovahs is when I encounter one of their questions. Get your daily persecution fix somewhere else.

And yes, you saw me before I went anonymous. I saw you, too: https://answers.yahoo.com/activity/questions?show=...

Own words when answering Bible related questions.

• Caribbean Man

It would not be fair to characterize JWs in general based on the actions of a minority. The majority of JWs who answer on here parrot information copied from their official website.