Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 month ago

Why are the people who eat meat more self righteous than the vegans and vegetarians in this section?

They re aggressive and outnumber the actual vegans/vegetarians in this section yet then try to insinuate that everybody else has the problem, not them. Everybody else is wrong; only I am right. Everybody else is being holier than thou, not me.

I m not saying all of the people who choose to follow a traditional here are like this. There s that Wendigo guy and some others that are normal people. I m also not saying that there are no holier than thou vegans/vegetarians here, but the butthurt omnivore-diet people seem to outnumber them by quite a lot and even sensible vegan/veggie answers get majorly downvoted and flamed just for.. being veggie I guess?

What gives?

• Megumi

They are not. You lie as is typical of a fanatic. Fanatics have no truth, logic or objectivity at all. Such is the case with vegans.

Well let's see. When militant vegans are the smug, self-righteous, preachy types in real life, who stage loud protests in the middle of a steakhouse while people are trying to enjoy their dinner, who storm farms and chain themselves to equipment, costing these farmers their livelihoods - I'd say meat-eaters have earned the right to give back as good as they get. Rid the vegan communities of the weirdo sociopathic fringe, who seek to convert everyone to veganism by force, and you might start to get some more respect from meat-eaters. Yes I know these idiots are the fringe, but they're the ones getting all the publicity.

Everyone has the right to eat what they want, and I have no issue with people choosing to be vegan. More power to them! But they better not shove it down people's throats, and if they want non-vegans to respect them, they need to start showing some respect themselves.

Actually, it's the opposite. It's the militant vegans who are self-righteous. Not the meat eaters.

Many because there are far more non-vegans than vegans, if it were "butt-hurt" per capita, according to dietary believes, I bet there would be little difference.

"Why are the people who eat meat more self righteous than the vegans and vegetarians in this section?"

I don't know why you think that all of the people who eats meat, are more self righteous than the vegetarians and vegans in this section. The fact is that we're not all as you've painted us to be. As for myself I don't see myself as better than those who are either vegetarian or vegan. I do however see a significant portion, of those who post in this section who are either misinformed on nutrition, or has decided that every research facility in every first world nation is wrong, if the scientific facts aren't in agreement with what they've determined as fact. However many times in the past, I've been at odds where science and the science of nutrition is concerned. If you've been around this section for any length of time (since about November of 2014), then you'd know I am not more self righteous than the vegetarians and the vegans, along with a small number of others, who were here well before I showed up.

You will find the militant in all three groups. I've butted heads with more often than not, with whose diet, like mine contains meat, and other animal based foods, than with those whose diets do not. This is due to claims which they make, has little or no scientific validity.

Now in closing, please don't paint everyone in this section, with the same broad spectrum paint brush.

A criminally insane troll brought them here and made vegans and vegetarians bored so they left.

• Wendigo
      1 month agoReport

Actually the troll you refer to, didn't bring many of them here. Many were here well before that person showed up.

The people who eat meat are in the majority - they are the “everybody else”, not the vegetarians. This is the Food and Drink section and the vast majority of contributors are going to be people who eat meat. The Vegetarian and Vegan sub-section is, to me, just part of the Food and Drink section - I just click on Food and Drink and go through the questions.

Even if you were to go through the questions in the Vegetarian and Vegan sub-section you would find many questions that refer to or are directed tat so-called “meat eaters” and many more that contain bad advice and simply false information. It's this that attracts people who follow an ordinary diet.

I've contributed to this section for years and my experience is completely different to the one you describe. Over the years I have been threatened, wished dead, called names and been generally abused simply because I eat meat, by a minority of vegetarians/vegans who believe they are saving the planet. I have been told that eating meat causes cancer and many other illnesses, is responsible for climate change (that's rich coming from Americans) and that everyone involved in any activity involving animals takes great pleasure in mistreating them.

When others have claimed that the above views represent “vegans” I have repeatedly said that they do not, that they are in the minority. Like many other contributors here I have also repeatedly said that I have no interest at all in a person's diet. That any diet, including a vegetarian or vegan one can be “healthy”.

I'm afraid that I have never considered my diet to be something to feel self-righteous or even superior about. To me, a person's diet is just NOT an issue - who cares?

But, if people choose to use YA to be abusive or critical of the huge majority of people who follow an ordinary diet, or if they give irresponsible or potentially dangerous advice or simply post things that are ridiculous, then I reserve the right to comment.

• Big Chill4 weeks agoReport

You might aswell say I am the holiest person alive

we dont care what u eat.......stop calling us out and there wont be a problem.....

If that's true, it could simply be because there are way more non-veggies than veggies.

I don't care what other people eat, an attitude I recommend to you.

• 1 month agoReport

see what im talking about guys? im not even vegan nor a regular of this section outside of browsing lMAO.