Shilo
Shilo asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 year ago

Dick's Sporting Goods store not only stopped selling assault rifles, they destroyed $5 million worth of merchandise. What is your response?

1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

good for them, it's good to see that if the government isn't going to do anything about this problem industry will

• 1 year ago

They were crap when they carried guns.

• 1 year ago

I'd be interested in knowing what percentage of overall sales were as a result of guns. Or, better yet, what percentage of profits.

They probably just weighed that against the bad press of the SJW cancel culture and decided it wasn't worth it. I don't blame them. It's a tough climate right now. Someone who wants to purchase a gun legally still has many other options. Specialty gun stores will tell the left to pound sand.

• humpty
    1 year ago

I respect anybody that puts principle before profit.

• 1 year ago

And then they disappeared from my city. My feelings? That's what they get for kowtowing to leftist ldiots.

I don't shop at stores that don't carry what I need.

1 year ago

Don't care one iota.

• 1 year ago

Virtue-signalling silliness. Other than the loss of the retail cost of the weapons, it's a low-risk game for them.

The general public will still shop there. A few gun rights folks might fuss a bit, but they won't stay away in droves.

However, if Dick's really thinks a bunch of gun-grabbing leftists are going to flock to their stores as a result, they are sorely mistaken.

In the long run, it won't amount to much. What it does is proactively keep them out of the (pardon the pun) sights of the lunatic left, who are just itching to find companies to demonize.

1 year ago

I respect companies like Dick's Sporting Goods and Walmart which take a stand against America's gun violence epidemic. Places like this will get my business.

• 1 year ago

Not shop there.