K asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

how does it feel to give birth with no pain killers?

Best Answer

Like dropping a 10 lb watermelon out of your a$s.

...or so I've heard. 🥴

Hence the reason I would never attempt to go thru that. Are you crazy? And Epidural causes lifelong back problems.

C-sections? Are you kidding me? 😄 My cousins had 4. Fvck that!

For people who want kids, go with adoption. It's painless. 😄

• Guardian
      1 month agoReport

So... it's a rule of thumb, most didn't take it. 🥴 They had that shxt raw af.

Gas and air mask was good enough for me!

Think of all the women who have given birth from the beginning of time! Did they have pain killers? Did they have epidurals? No! But they survived! Child birth is painful but natural!

• Spin

i don't care enough to find out...............if meds are there to help, then I will use all the help possible.

• John P

My wife had epidurals in Britain for each of her three births, at her ages of 32,34,37. She did not subsequently have back problems.

Painful I guess

• 1 month agoReport

https://iternettips.blogspot.com/2019/10/class-9th-sympathy-poetry.html

• B

not pleasant at all, even with the lamaze training, they do not prepare you for the heights of the pain. however, walking during the labor does help. for me, if there was a next time (after two kids), I would choose an epidural for sure.

• 1 month agoReport

Every woman has a different tolerance for pain and every woman experiences things differently.  There is no one right or wrong answer to a question like this.  It is all just about each woman's feelings and personal experience.  So, here is my experience:

I had both of my daughters without any pain killers.  I done research on the most popular methods of easing labor pain and every one of them had some side effect either for the mother or the baby or both and I decided that I didn't want any of those risks or side effects if possible.

For my first baby, they had to induce labor because my water broke and labor didn't start.  When the labor did start, many of the contractions were felt mostly in my back.  It was like have a terrible back ache with bad constipation cramps.  During one contraction, I squeezed my husband's hand so hard that you could hear popping sounds in his hand and the nurse asked if he needed an x-ray to check for any broken bones.  (and my husband is a strong man)  But it was not "unbearable".  In total, it was about six hours from the time the labor started to the point the baby was out.

I also didn't use pain killers for my second baby.  I didn't need induced.  Labor started naturally.  For her, it was a little over three hours and the pain didn't seem as intense.  Maybe it was because my body had done it before or maybe it was the difference between induced labor vs natural labor.  Or maybe it is just because every pregnancy is different and you can never expect the exact same thing each time.

If you are trying to make this choice for yourself, whatever you decide, good luck.

• asad

If you are giving birth normally then no doctors will give you any pain killer. labour pain will be there and should be there to push the baby down wards, otherwise it will be very harm for both life. 

• Pippin
      1 month agoReport

Don't know where you live, but pain medication (including epidurals, iv meds, sometimes gas&air) are available in hospitals in any remotely industrialized nation.

• Byrd

No big deal and you feel much better after

• 1 month agoReport

I had natural childbirth with my son. For me the pain didn't get worse and worse it just kept getting to where there was no stop or break in the pain. I had the worst stomach cramps ever similar to cramps women feel monthly. Near the end the cramping and pain never stopped, I felt I couldn't catch my breath. I also felt out of control of my body. I just wanted everything to stop for a few seconds so I could just regain a little focus. It was frightening because it was like something took over my body. I think at the very end I was more scared than in pain. The birth was very fast, so fast the midwife had to scream for me not to push so she could get gloves on and catch my son. I was still in the admitting area and not in an actual hospital room. I really didn't even have to push at all, I don't think I did. Once it was over I felt great. My first birth was emergency csection & my second was with an epidural. I honestly feel natural is best if you can do it.

• 1 month agoReport

I can't say because I'm a guy.

• 1 month agoReport