Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesMazda · 1 month ago

2012 Mazda 3 oil change.?

I have had it 3 and a half years and pep boys always changed my oil. I am there now and their system does not want to let me use regular oil. He found a way.

But indicated they did not want to let me get anything other than synthetic blend because their system does not have a place for it.

Ive found mazda dealers saying regular oil is fine and does not void the warranty and wont hurt your car but they just recommend the other stuff, Well, they recommend I let mazda so all my service work too.

What do you think?

Update:

I want to keep getting it done at pep boys because firestone is in a worse area and I have some pep boys gift cards that I got at a discount from discover cashback.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Fully synthetic is far superior to non synthetic oil. If you want your car to last and pass emissions tests use that.

• 1 month ago

you would be stupid to change to normal loil ...they say synthetic ..stick with it

• Never
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Full warranty even with regular oil. (it does not hurt the car)

• 1 month ago

That sounds like BS to me. Most places that change oil ask if you want regular or synthetic oil.

Pep Boys that sounds as dumb as Jiffy Lube.

Ever think about going to a better place with real mechanics to have your car serviced?

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • Erik
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I would be using full synthetic anyway, but not at a chain place like Pep Boys. Those places rip you off. I suggest you find a place that you can bring the oil and filter in and they will change it for you. Used tire places are good for this.

• Never
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I paid $20 with a competitor's coupon. Blend would be 40. I drive maybe 5000 mile a year. Its overkill to spend more.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I doubt the cost for the blend is that much more, plus it will last a bit longer so the cost will be a wash as you can go longer between oil changes.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Their system says synthetic because that it what the manufacturer recommendation is. If you don't like it then go somewhere else

• Ron
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Your ******* owners manual says synthetic

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.