Is it possible to cut materials aside from concrete with a concrete saw?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

*rolls eyes* If a saw is capable of cutting concrete it sure as hell can deal with other stuff. Try cutting a piece of wood. I doubt that the saw would break.

• roger
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yep you can cut bricks too.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The only effective method is an angle grinder with a diamond blade. Shop around online. The small 4.5" ones are very cheap if that will cut deep enough. A 12" one will be expensive and heavy to operate. Dust mask and goggles are essential.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

A concrete saw is generally not as aggressive as a wood saw blade so for wood it will burn before it cuts.. For the cost of a cheap saw blade it is better to use one designated for the material you are about to cut otherwise you are just ffucking around and going nowhere fast. Which is why they do not suggest you use wood blades to cut concrete because again you are going nowhere fast. Also you now have made the wood blade useless for its original purpose. Same would apply for concrete blades, you have messed them up good. so are good for NOTHING. EARLY IN LIFE.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

do NOT try to cut metal with a concrete saw. other masonry products might cut ... or might be destroyed

• 1 month ago

I never heard of a concrete saw do you wear ear plugs and goggles

• elhigh
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, but the blade won't like it. The blade is what makes all the difference.

• equal
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

yes but they do not make different saws for nothing the right tools for the job leads to success

• 1 month ago

Yes .

• 1 month ago

It should work on any type of stone, brick, marble etc.

Just not wood or metal - or not without a different type of blade, at least.

The aggregate in concrete is pebbles or crushed stone of many types - so it is cutting different stone types when cutting concrete.

See the photo. That's a chunk of concrete I cut with a core drill; you can see the many types of stone embedded in that.

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.