Should I get a baby monitor for my 5 year old son?

I will be moving into a 2 bedroom apt w/ my 5 yr old child. We currently share a room. The other day I woke up to the sound of him vomiting because he had a sudden tummy ache. All I can think about is what if he was in his room by himself while I was in my room fast asleep. Am I being extra?

• Prissy

Well.... he actually is old enough, at the age of 5,to not needing a baby monitor anymore.

I would have suggested it if He was aged 2 or below.

Possibly , if this Toddler doesn't improve by age 9 .... after 9 , the child would probably not be a toddler any longer and other measures should be taken .

No. He's old enough to get out of bed and come get you if he needs you.

• Logan

He would wake you if he needed you.

• Suzy Q

Don't be ridiculous. He will be in the next room, not in another wing of your vast mansion. If he gets a stomach ache and vomits in his new room, you'll hear him. 

Would he not go to the bathroom like a normal person? Why wouldn't he come to your room? Seems like you're underestimating your imaginary child. Oh dear

• Byrd

Relax good grief......

• Nathan

That's a good precaution to take, but I'd only suggest doing that if he seems ill or has a medical condition. If you choose to use one when you first move in I don't suggest doing it for any more then a week

• Edna
      1 month agoReport

I don't suggest using a baby monitor for a 5-year-old child at all!

yes of course. essential.... but 5 year old should be able to walk to your room.....

Yes, you should, but I would consider visiting the ER if he is constantly vomiting.