Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 month ago

Am I being dramatic? ?

Recently I needed to see a dentist and I told my ex that I was going and he offered to tell his mom to take me bc my check was late. I didn’t ask him to. I told him to wait 30mins bc my friend was going to take me. He called me 2min later and told me that his mom was coming. Also, within 5min my paycheck came so I honestly didn’t need her anymore. I was having a root canal and I’m very insecure about my teeth. She kept coming into the room and gave me the obvious speech about my teeth (we ate candy and processed foods all day until I was 13 (27 now) haven’t had a cavity since the age of 15 but you can’t tell.) I love his mom but I didn’t like the way she kept insisting on seeing my teeth and she’s not very busy so she can really kidnap you for the WHOLE day. My dentist visit was only 1hr but I was with her for 10hrs! She doesn’t speak English so idk if the translator even told her what I was saying but I was so close to jumping out of the car. I told my ex all of this and he was upset and called me ungrateful/selfish and said he’s never going to help me again etc. I don’t feel like I said anything bad? Looking for some insight... Should I apologize? 

Best Answer

Just to make peace, I would. You didn't do anything wrong though. Some people are just so anxious to be helpful that their behavior gets out of hand. It sounds as though your boyfriends' mother is one of those people. Plus the language barrier may have been part of the problem. It could be worse, she could be one of those mothers that thinks no woman is good enough for their little boy.

If you have to ask, then yes you probably are.

Who cares? Why would you even care? Either way your teeth are getting fixed. That makes you a winner.

Breath in, Breath Out !

• audrey

You had to wait for a check to go to the dentist, but you have a translator for a 10 hour period? Next time, just dump the translator and shrug your shoulders a lot!

• Shannon1 month agoReport

The translator was a friend so surprise! It was free! and I’m in a different country so yes I’m paying out of pocket...what’s your point?

I think it's weird that you have such a close relationship with you ex. Like what are you playing at?

You need to relax!

Why did you go the dentist on the day you receive your paycheck

• Shannon1 month agoReport

To pay for it...I’m in another country.