Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesBMW · 1 month ago

Is the 2014 BMW 320i Reliable?

Thinking about getting one. 

Repair nightmare. Don't do it.

BMW Tech here.. NO.. And its not just about reliability its about mandatory or your going to break down if you don't stuff. Like the cooling system when its old its just has to have almost everything in the cooling system replaced or it WILL over heat and it WILL crack the head. Nobody escapes this..

I don't know. What did the professional mechanic say about its problems and future reliability when you had him give I a good inspection? Oh, you didn't do that? Every used car is different -- because it's used. One used 2014 BMW 320i can be totally different than another used 2014 BMW 320i. No way can anyone say that all used 2014 BMW 320i cars are reliable.

I think all cars are pretty reliable as long as all the fluids, oil, filters are kept up. I had a thirty year old truck that was sitting for two years with stale gas in it and a whole host of other problems and it still started up. The main thing about cars I think is in keeping the electrical system and the cooling system in check. I just got a used 1990 jaguar and, engine-wise, it runs fine. It just needs a new battery and alternator belt.