My folks dug this up in their backyard. They found it with a metal detector. What is it? ?

This is a picture of the side of the thing. My mother thinks its evil. 😂😂

Attachment image

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

My folks dug this up ..

. possibly a part of cast iron to a WATER hand pump I do not Know

So has it done any ACTIONS

that would JUSTIFY ones mother BELIEF or labeling it EVIL

EVIL ( adjective ) profoundly IMMORAL and WICKED (noun) especially when regarded as a "SUPERNATURAL " force

MOMMY might need to brush up on her dictionary reading

a metal object is made from NATURAL elements

and has no mind for concepts of morality its inanimate

• 1 month ago

Looks to me like a piece of machinery that cuts hay. The sickle goes back and forth inside .Google "sickle bar mower guard"- type that into the Ebay search engine. Yours is damaged.,

• 1 month ago

An inanimate object cannot have a quality of evil.

• Me1 month agoReport

Yes it can. If it had demonic writings or some sort of curse written on it. It can summon demons.

• 1 month ago

Could it be a boot scraper that you attach to a post and scrape the mud off your boots?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It could be a tent stake but it could also be the stake to hold a water sprinkler in place on a lawn, as they look remarkably just like this.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Your mom has dirty thoughts in her mind. She is the problem.

Look at it sideways. It looks like it is a catch for a garden gate. The hole is where a bolt goes in the fence and the catch is held up horizontally so it sticks out and allowed to lift up and fall down. Check out old wrought iron fences on the gate latches. There will be more than one style for all the gates you check out. It is not an antique, probably says made in India. Wirebrush it clean and you can probably find that stamped on the steel.

. Obviously it was not THAT IMPORTANT....or their ghosts are still looking for it.

. Oh, maybe used on a fireplace door as the latch or a coal furnace door latch. People lived there before you. Or. some punk wannabe hard-rock kid, palms the cross with the hole in his hand and uses it as a stabbing weapon. It can be seen as a weapon.

Watch out for chicken guts.

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It looks like a gate latch, or part of one, anyway;)

It doesn't look like a sacrificial knife, if that is what worries your mom.

• Lmfao idk what that is but I hopes there’s no dead body’s 😂

• 1 month ago

Looks like it might be part of a wrought iron gate latch.

• Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

good answer; also, could be a rusted & bent tooth from a thresher or haymower etc

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It could be a squashed boot remover. It's a tool of some kind and not evil.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.