Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 month ago

Where does a small grocery store get off selling a stuffed pepper for 6.99?

Update:

well, i think we should think more about poor people than the damn Jones as hungry people make my heart break - i think their price is ridiculous - obviously i can make my own - but your response made the most sense. thanks to all.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Best Answer

They get off in the back room......but what does that have to do with the Peppers?

The price is as marked. Many will pass it by and a few will buy. If the buying crowd out demands the supply, then they are selling them for cheap. So they can up the prices...so demand is Less(BUT not totally gone). It is a balancing act - the store charges what they believe the market will pay (and wait and see what happens)

.They either sell it, or it ROTS ON THE STORE SHELF and they have to toss it out as a lost sale.

. That is how "EVERYTHING" IS SOLD (from gasoline to Condoms)

How much is too much?

Everybody wants to be a millionaire overnight.

.There will always be People that can't afford what the Jones have,

• John P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

As with anything, the price is what somebody will pay for it. Quite likely there are supermarkets not far away which sell stuffed peppers for far less.

• David
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

You are paying for the convenience. If your time is worth less than that, buy the ingredients and stuff your own pepper.

• 1 month ago

how many one giant one........don't whine buy it or pass it by... NOW I AM HUNGRY FOR A STUFFED PEPPER

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

These Mexican Stuffed Peppers are perfect as a meal prep or a ... Cut off the tops with a small paring knife and set aside.The sweet red, orange, and yellow bell peppers you can find at the market or grocery store this time of.

• Kate
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Their overheads and costs are higher than a supermarket so they have to make some profit.

• 1 month ago

Until you taste it, the value is unknown. Every Mexican joint in my town gets that for fairly flat (read barely stuffed) Chiles Rellenos.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Go buy your own bell pepper and all the ingredients to stuff it, add the cost of ingredients to your time to cook at 15/hour and see how much YOUR stuffed pepper costs.

ETA: Sheila, even if those grocery prices held true for everywhere in the country (which they DO NOT), you forgot to add the time-value of labor. Sometimes people want to pay someone else to make their meal than make it themselves. At least you don't have to tip at the grocery store.

• 1 month ago

It's called the law of supply and demand. If the peppers are in short supply and the demand for them is high...they can "get off" selling for that price. If the price is too high, the demand will slack off, at which time the store will try to increase demand by lowering the cost.

• Brian
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Depends on what it's stuffed with.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.